Go back to normal view
The Parish Church was built in 1849 and consecrated in 1850. It is a fine example of Victorian architecture. When built the church could accommodate a congregation of just over 500 souls, but this was soon found to be insufficient and the church was later extended. The church has many interesting period features including the wooden pews and stained glass windows. The large north aisle is used during our major Services.
There is a fine three manual pipe organ and a highly-acclaimed choir to support our singing.
A brief history by Geoffrey Copus.
The Church Centre was built in 1887 in the heart of the Village. It consists of a Church, to which is attached a small hall, with its own kitchen, and also a large hall and a further, well-equipped, kitchen.
The Church Centre is used extensively by the Church and the wider community, and is rarely empty. It is employed for Church activities, community and social activities, and commercial lettings.
The Church Centre is widely valued by the whole community of Rusthall.
The Parish Office is also located in the Church Centre.
History of the Church Centre by Len Evans.
Both the small hall and the large hall are available for hire from Monday to Saturday. All bookings are subject to prior signed agreement to the terms and conditions of hire printed on the application form, and to the availability of the hall(s).
Please note that the only Sunday letting permitted is for a baptism reception, or a party for a child under 5 years old.
If you would like to view the halls, or enquire regarding availability, please contact the Parish Office.
Hall hire application form.
Go back to Home page